Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne
We at Geoffrey Lurie Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne understand that moving house can be a very stressful process. For first time buyers in particular, making one of the biggest purchases in your life can be scary!
But we are here to put your mind at ease.
Why Choose Geoffrey Lurie Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne?
Our professional team of Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne and our fantastic support staff are here for you every step of the way. We offer a full range of conveyancing legal services designed to meet your needs and your budget.
Geoffrey Lurie Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne has over 60 years of practical legal experience. We are very competitive and great value for money.
There is no one better to deal with your property transaction, call us and you will find out that we are very customer friendly. We give service with a smile!
Of course we also have the knowledge and expertise to make your move as easy and as pain free as possible. We will always tell you how it is, and if a problem does arise (and let’s face it, this can happen), we give our all to sort things out for you as quickly as possible. And we have the expertise to do so!
Practical Tips For First Time Buyers
If you are a first time purchaser, here are a few practical handy tips to help your purchase run as smoothly as possible:
- Do your research for the area you wish to buy (particularly if you are new to the region). You can get plenty of information from internet searches, and speak to the Estate Agents. Visit the area at different times of the day, for example, early morning rush hour might put you off buying a property that you liked when you saw it in the evening.
- Get your mortgage in principle in place before you start your property search. You may have to move very quickly when you have found your dream home, and you don’t want any delays while waiting for your mortgage offer.
- If a family member is gifting money towards your deposit, make sure to tell your mortgage lender (or broker) at an early stage. Tell your solicitors too as we have to independently report any gifts to your lender. If you don’t tell us early, and we only get to know late in the conveyancing process, this can cause delays.
- When you have found the property you want to buy, check out the chain, are there many people above you? If so, do they all have properties in place to buy? Is the chain complete? There is nothing worse than getting your heart set on a new home and you find out at a late stage that one of the parties further up the chain still doesn’t have somewhere to go to. Your estate agent should be able able to help here, as they can speak to all the connected agents.
- Instruct your conveyancing solicitor at an early stage. Check with them that they are on your mortgage lender’s panel. We are on the panel of all major lenders (and many smaller ones too)
- Be patient, particularly if there is a long chain, and be prepared for delays if the chain is long. Ask the selling agents to help by check along the chain and see how much progress has been made in the other transactions.
- Keep calm and take your solicitor’s advice! Sometimes moving dates get agreed between the various buyers and sellers at a very early stage. It may not be realistic to agree firm dates so early on in the transaction so please do speak to us and we will advise you. Do not be afraid to ask questions, we are here to help.
- Instruct solicitors who are CQS (Conveyancing Quality Scheme) Accredited.
Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accredited Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne
You will be reassured to know that we are a Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne Firm. This is a mark of excellence and a guarantee that our processes and procedures have been approved by the Law Society, the body representing solicitors in England and Wales.
Although Geoffrey Lurie Conveyancing Solicitors Newcastle upon Tyne have a big loyal following of clients locally, we act for Clients all over England and Wales. Distance is not a problem. With the use of email, fax and post (and of course the telephone), having clients nationally is now just as straightforward as helping our local clients.
We are on the panel of most major lenders and many of the smaller mortgage providers too. This means that in the majority of cases we can act for both you and your lender and you won’t have to go elsewhere, as with some firms who may not be on the lender panel.
We thrive on positive feedback, here are some words from recently satisfied clients:
“Thanks to you and your team! Everyone involved went above and beyond to get our sale through quickly.”
“Hi Lorraine, myself and Pauline would like to thank you and the team for a swift and easy buy and sell of properties. I would recommend you and your company to all our family and friends thanks and hope when you read this you have had a great weekend.”
To find out more, please call our business development manager Gail Howe on 0191 466 1444
or Email: email@example.com